WA Health needed a solution to integrate with the existing WA Health Patient Administration System (WebPAS) and the Payment System (Oracle Fusion) to meet full system requirements.
The original process saw WA Health staff enter CMP invoices into the system for assessment. Kiandra proposed a solution that would streamline the entry of invoices via a new and optimised portal experience, provide a powerful and flexible rules engines to assess and verify the CMP invoices in accordance with regulations, and then integrate with the payments system, Oracle Financials, to facilitate payments.
The solution developed modernised MAAS functionality to perform the following:
- Provided an optimised and streamlined portal experience for users to enter invoices;
- Manage and support the processing, assessment and verification of CMP invoices against the WA Government Medical Services Schedule (WAGMSS) and all Medicare Benefits Schedule (MBS) items published within WAGMSS;
- Manage WAGMSS Rules with a flexible rules engine that can be configured according to WA Health’s needs;
- Manage CMP contracts (for use in the rules engine);
- Store regular WA Health Patient Administration System (WebPAS) data uploads containing patient encounter/visit details;
- Output Oracle invoice payment data and store Oracle invoice payment confirmation data;
- Provide reports and extracts of key data for reporting purposes, including weekly, fortnightly and/or monthly financial account statements;
- Manage and maintain all stored data to enable standard Audit, Governance and reporting functions; and
- Maintain WAGMSS items with annual updates to rates and adds/deletes of WAGMSS items.